Selecting Your Network Performance Management Solution
As a blogger, I know it is not likely that our newest subscribers are going back and reading all of our posts from previous months so we wanted to bring it directly to you.
Selecting the right network performance management solution can be a very challenging exercise. The legacy solutions available today have been built via acquisition and integration of separate products, which have disparate operating systems, databases, and even separate user interfaces. Many of the new solutions also aren't very flexible and won't scale to the needs of your business.
Complete and immediate network visibility should be at the top of your mind when selecting a network performance management solution. Below are 10 key factors to consider when selecting a network performance management solution:
1. Architecture for scale – can the solution scale across your entire network for both collection and reporting?
2. Ease of deployment – what does it take to deploy, maintain, grow and upgrade the solution?
3. Ease of use – how quickly and accurately can one troubleshoot, isolate, and hand off problems? Can you easily certify and add new device types?
4. Real-time visibility at scale – can you get complete visibility across your entire network with no compromises?
5. Automated baselines – can you establish an automatic and granular baseline of normal behavior?
6. Monitoring efficiency – does the management and reporting costs decrease as the implementation scales?
7. Integrated workflows – can you quickly navigate from high level status to detailed views across data sources?
8. Consolidation of tools – does the system uniformly support all multiple networks and all device types, with multiple roles and workflows, across multiple tenants?
9. OSS Integration – does the solution deploy and integrate effectively for data collection and reporting, and provide an open architecture for upstream integration?
10. Future proof solution – solutions that are easy to deploy and use, easy to maintain and support new devices, and have proven scalability are the best investment for meeting your future needs.
Please see Ten Key Factors for Selecting a Network Performance Management Solution for a more complete review of these key factors.