Enterprise Wireless Monitoring
- Understand the impact of BYOD on your network infrastructure
- Solve wireless performance problems faster by monitoring wireless devices and VLANs
- Enhance wireless capacity planning for DHCP IP Address allocation
SevOne brings the performance visibility required for IT managers to address the needs of today’s enterprise wireless LANs in seamless combination with the wired enterprise. Key management that SevOne enables for managers of enterprise wireless networks include insight into bring-your-own-device (BYOD) usage, the ability to manage traffic on virtual LANs (VLAN), and the need for capacity planning by understanding DHCP IP address allocation.
The SevOne platform provides the monitoring, reporting, dashboard flexibility and service that IT managers require to prove that “it’s not the network” and to solve problems quickly, plus plan for future capacity.
Monitoring and Reporting
SevOne monitors the entire wireless service infrastructure from a single appliance-based solution, including:
- Wireless Controllers
- Access Points (AP)
- WLANs (SSID)
- Wireless VLANs
- DHCP Servers
- Routed & Switched Infrastructure
SevOne provides the monitoring and reporting to view all important wireless performance data with more than 15 standard, out-of-the-box collectors. SevOne also offers certified wireless controller and device support for Cisco and other companies. And for new device support needs, SevOne provides a free 10 day SLA device certification guarantee.
Some of the key wireless collection methods available with SevOne are:
- SNMP (e.g. for wireless controllers)
- WMI (e.g. for Windows DHCP)
- NetFlow for traffic analysis of wireless top protocols, hosts, and conversations
- Deferred Data scripts or xStats adapters to pull data from 3rd party element management systems or non-SNMP data sources.
Wireless Performance Insights and Alerts
The combination of access to the broad wireless infrastructure, and monitoring of many performance indicators, provides IT managers the ability to alert on and proactively address issues, and manage the wireless enterprise for the future. SevOne enables viewing of important wireless insights in the enterprise wireless space such as:
- Access Point CPU utilization
- Access Point average CPU utilization vs. peak utilization
- Wireless traffic by radio
- Tunnel traffic by SSID
- Radio noise to floor
- Number of radio associations per SSID
- Bandwidth consumption by VLAN
- DHCP subnet capacity
SevOne provides a set of standard wireless reports that enable rapid recognition of the performance in the enterprise wireless infrastructure. By leveraging “TopN,” trend and NetFlow reports, the IT admin can rapidly gauge level of use and isolate the source of common problems alerted from dashboard status summaries. Chaining trend reports to NetFlow information in SevOne increases performance visibility versus either report alone and eases the problem of connecting issues to users and applications. Examples of key reports for the wireless enterprise include:
- TopN WLANs by client device
- TopN in trend format with baseline and standard deviation
- "To and From” conversations
- Interfaces utilized
SevOne brings the performance visibility to address these concerns in today’s enterprise wireless LANs in seamless combination with the wired enterprise. The SevOne platform provides the monitoring, reporting, dashboard flexibility and service that IT managers require to prove that “it’s not the network” and to solve problems quickly, plus plan for future capacity.