Network Monitoring and Performance Management
“Clients should look for network performance management products that not only track performance, but also automatically establish a baseline measurement of “normal” behavior for time of day and day of week, dynamically set warning and critical thresholds as standard deviations off the baseline, and notify the network manager only when an exception condition occurs.” - Gartner, Hype Cycle for IT Operations, Management, 2011
Performance Visibility with SevOne
SevOne provides breakthroughs in speed, scalability, and ease of use, delivering the industry’s fastest network performance management solution that collects and monitors all of your performance indicators, with no limits. Regardless of your business size, SevOne delivers affordable, real-time system wide visibility, without sacrificing the speed required to effectively troubleshoot your service impacting events – speed at scale.
Why Network Management & Monitoring Matters
Most IT service impacting events are preceded by detectable changes in key systems performance indicators such as increased network utilization levels, CPU spikes, memory leaks and response time degradations. In spite of this, most IT organizations fail to detect these critical changes, resulting in a series of potential “losses” – lost productivity, lost opportunity, and even lost revenue. Failure to collect and monitor enough performance data means that IT operations staff misses the opportunity to identify the anomalies that are the key indicators of potential problems. Without a comprehensive network performance management solution in place, IT organizations are merely reactive to service interruptions rather than proactively preventing them.
Reporting and Troubleshooting at Speed and Scale
SevOne utilizes the distributed processing power of its peered appliances for rapid calculation and display of data. SevOne produces up-to-the-second live reports for time spans measured in months, with the last polled or collected data always represented. Configurable Overview Report templates include top ten utilized interfaces, devices with highest packet drops, data latency, amongst many others.
- Instant-Graphs - Ad hoc reports showing multiple indicators from multiplenetwork devices.
- Dashboards - Multiple graphical and tabular reports in a single console view.
- Network Overview Reports - Quickly scan the entire IT infrastructure to determine the most utilized interfaces, highest CPU utilizations and other “top” lists.
- Scheduled Reports - SevOne Report Manager can auto-distribute reports to stakeholders.
- Alerts Console and Status Maps - View critical network events via the alerts console or status maps, then drill down into a device or object report and see more detailed performance data for troubleshooting purposes.
SevOne provides the most powerful integration of performance metrics and NetFlow reporting of any performance management solution. When troubleshooting and identifying a spike in utilization, SevOne provides a one click integration to build a NetFlow report that takes you instantly to the associated traffic for the exact period of time for that specific interface. This NetFlow integration speeds your problem resolution and saves valuable time and effort when trying to understand what type of traffic traverses your network.
The SevOne peer-to-peer appliance architecture removes the scalability limits on data collection, analysis, and reporting by distributing these functions across a network of SevOne appliances. This provides linear scalability in collection and reporting, without performance bottlenecks or the single point of failure seen in other centralized reporting and database systems. Furthermore, this architecture provides the lowest total cost of ownership (TCO) by eliminating the need for separate databases, reporting, and storage servers, and their ongoing operations and maintenance costs.
- SevOne Performance Appliance Solution (SevOne PAS™) - An all in one monitoring and performance management product that is both a collector and a reporter, and a distributed storage system. The SevOne PAS supports all collection methods, monitoring up to 200,000 elements or objects per appliance, and storing up to one year of historical polled data.
- SevOne Dedicated NetFlow Collector (SevOne DNC™) - Optimized for NetFlow data collection and reporting, supports up to 1,000 interfaces per appliance with collection rates of up to 12,000,000 flows per minute. Stores seven days of raw NetFlow and one year of aggregated flow data by default, including the Top 200 results at one minute intervals for each report, for each interface. Can be peered with SevOne PAS appliances.
- SevOne Virtual Performance Appliance Solution (SevOne vPAS™) - A virtual machine image that supports all SevOne PAS features, manages up to 5,000 individual network elements, and can be flexibly deployed as a stand-alone solution or peered with other SevOne appliances.
Open Network Performance Data Collection at Speed and Scale
The SevOne all-in-one performance appliance solution is designed with a plug-in architecture that unifies the collection, monitoring, reporting and other data integration requirements for performance management.
|Data Collection Type||Protocols and APIs Supported|
|Polling Technologies||SNMP v1-v3, ICMP, DNS, HTTP, NBAR, QoS|
|Flow Collection||NetFlow versions 5-9, IPFIX, sFLow, J-Flow|
|Response Time||IP SLA, ICMP, TCP Port Response, HTTP, and URL|
|VoIP Telephony||RTCP, SIP, and SOAP|
|Servers and Applications||SNMP, WMI, JMX, vSphere API, and Process Polling|
|3rd Party Data||SOAP API, xStats|
A highly optimized polling engine ensures minimal impact on the network while gathering the vital statistics that you need to effectively manage your IT Infrastructure. The multithreaded polling engine polls devices at one minute intervals and critical interfaces at one second intervals. SevOne stores this raw data for a minimum of 12 months to provide you complete historical accuracy when you need to review past performance levels.
The SevOne PAS, SevOne vPAS, and SevOne DNC are delivered as a turn-key appliance solutions, configured for the number of objects and flows per second required. No additional software or hardware is necessary. The SevOne footprint is one third of comparable solutions, supporting your green IT initiatives. Hot standby appliances and laboratory models are also available.