SevOne Hardware Advancement
SevOne Hardware Advancement is a set of professional services designed to help refresh your SevOne hardware that is out of warranty or nearing warranty expiration. It is recommended that companies begin planning a refresh when the hardware reaches three years to ensure business continuity and prevent hardware obsolescence. Refreshed hardware can deliver higher performance for our most current software versions. SevOne Hardware Advancement comes in two options: Standard and Premium.
The SevOne Hardware Advancement Standard Option is available to all SevOne customers who meet the following criteria:
- Sufficient rack space, power, and cooling to install new SevOne appliances in parallel with their existing SevOne implementation
- Sufficient IP space and bandwidth to cluster and access both the original and new appliances simultaneously
- Existing SevOne implementation running the latest software maintenance release of either of the two most current software minor release versions
- Existing SevOne and planned new hardware implementation remotely accessible by SevOne
- Customer-specific implementation and configuration (i.e. xStats Adapters and custom scripts) don’t need to be preserved on the new hardware
The Standard Option is available at a set fee, determined by the size of the new hardware appliances to be deployed. SevOne will add the new appliances to your existing cluster, replicate data, and remove the old hardware. This hardware refresh typically requires a maintenance window to execute. By proactively planning with you, we can help ensure we provide a mutually agreeable timeframe in which to perform the refresh and meet your business needs. Note: Data that does not replicate to the SevOne Hot Standby Appliance (e.g. call detail records and raw netflow) is out-of-scope for the Standard Option.
The SevOne Hardware Advancement Premium Option is available to all SevOne customers that don’t meet the criteria of the Standard Option. These variations include:
- Customer-specific implementation and configuration, such as xStats or custom scripts
- Environmental constraints like lack of rack space or low bandwidth
- Consolidations (e.g. reducing the number of SevOne hardware appliances by moving to larger appliances)
The Premium Option is available at an additional fee above the Standard offering, based on scope of work. This hardware refresh process typically requires a maintenance window to execute. By proactively planning with you, we can help ensure a mutually agreeable timeframe in which to perform the refresh and meet your business needs.