BOSTON―April 5, 2016―SevOne, the leading global provider of digital infrastructure management solutions, today extends its leadership position with the release of the SevOne End User Experience Appliance. As part of the SevOne Digital Infrastructure Management Platform, the End User Experience Appliance actively monitors application and network performance across enterprise, cloud and communication service provider infrastructures. The SevOne platform is the only solution that can correlate infrastructure performance data, in the form of metrics, flows and logs, with end-user experience data. With this new functionality, IT and Operations teams can leverage critical business insights on what is happening, whom it is happening to, why it happened and how users experienced it.
Every business today is relying on next-generation digital infrastructures, software and applications, including private and public cloud deployments, to deliver unmatched user experiences and a competitive edge. However, next-generation digital infrastructures are infinitely complex and difficult to scale, support and maintain. In order to do so, management systems must be able to collect, analyze and provide operational insight on the experience from the user perspective—no matter where the users are—and be able to correlate it with infrastructure performance data.
“Applications and services, along with the infrastructure they run on, are the lifeblood of every business. Problems with these systems can severely impact users, revenue, or productivity,” said Jack Sweeney, SevOne CEO. “As a result, being able to understand how well end users are experiencing a service or application has become a business-critical requirement—whether it’s hosted on premise, across a WAN infrastructure, in a hybrid cloud or delivered by a provider.”
The SevOne End User Experience Appliance provides companies with the ability to:
- Monitor Applications and Networks Continuously: Offers always-on monitoring of the end-user experience for any application and any network, including public cloud providers. Delivers up to one-minute granularity on latency, data loss and jitter along with the ability to compare insights on actual versus provisioned capacity to assess performance in real time.
- Correlate Application and Network Performance: Enables companies to compare a continuous stream of network performance insights against specific SLAs, so they know when and how network issues impact application performance.
- Identify and Remediate Issues on Any Digital Infrastructure: Provides application testing functionality to troubleshoot and pinpoint issues across the entire application pathway including user, network, server and databases.
- Measure Critical SaaS Solutions Performance: Measures performance from the end-user perspective of critical SaaS solutions including Salesforce, Microsoft Office 365 and Google Apps. The appliance also enables companies to view individual transactions across applications and identify trends against a year of historical data. Additional workflows are available to measure performance of custom applications, correlating up to 20 commands to elicit more detailed measurements.
- Flexible Deployment: Deployable to any end-user location, functional beyond corporate firewalls. Data agnostic across multiple appliances to identify trends and isolate problems—from global slowness to congestion at a single location.