As carriers evolve their networks to support network function virtualization (NFV), it is critical they are able to monitor their networks whether they are on dedicated, high performance networks, virtualized cloud-based architectures, or a combination of both. Under the program, Alcatel-Lucent has certified interoperability of the SevOne Data Platform integration as a ConnectedPlus application for the Alcatel-Lucent 5620 Service Aware Manager (5620 SAM).
The Alcatel-Lucent 5620 Service Aware Manager is an integrated element/network management system that provides service-level visibility and assurance, simplified operations and advanced IP troubleshooting capabilities across all domains of the entire Alcatel-Lucent IP and IP-integrated optical network from access to metro to core, including the packet core, mobile backhaul and LTE Radio Access Network for wireless networks. The 5620 SAM provides a common interface to manage both virtualized and physical Alcatel-Lucent network functions.
Most carrier networks today are multi-vendor and have a diverse set of devices. SevOne provides the fastest, most flexible way to collect metrics from multiple, multi-vendor data sources – including network devices, servers, network probes, proprietary business applications, and element management systems from network equipment vendors for LTE, IMS, and Ethernet backhaul components – and present them in side-by-side dashboards.
Combining this multi-vendor support with the data now available from the 5620 SAM, carriers now can have dynamic real-time reporting, alerts and alarms and baselining of data, all from a single pane of glass across their entire multi-vendor, physical and virtual infrastructure.
- Obtain a real time view of key performance indicators of networks and services
- Meet customer specific reporting requirements
- Decrease mean time to repair with real-time dashboards and alerts of devices and services not performing optimally
- Leverage real-time dashboards and reporting to meet and exceed service level agreements to customers
- Plan the upgrade of infrastructure items with automatic baselining and capacity planning algorithms
SevOne provides instant reports on a number of metrics from the Alcatel-Lucent 5620 SAM,
including one way delay as shown above
SevOne and 5620 SAM Solution Overview
SevOne has designed a very flexible integration with Alcatel-Lucent 5620 SAM. Available through SevOne Professional Services, the SevOne PAS integration and certification with 5620 SAM is designed to support:
- Device Level Stats - includes CPU utilization, memory consumption, temperature, and media independent performance statistics
- Interface Statistics –includes bytes in, bytes out, errors, discards and utilization among others
- Y.1731 – measures Ethernet Backhaul response statistics such as one way and round trip frame delay, frame loss, max and min for inbound and for outbound frames
- Routing Protocol Level Statistics – BGP, OSPF, RIP and multicast metrics are provided
- IP Management Statistics – DHCP allocation metrics and usage are provided
- Additional Performance Metrics – customers can work directly with SevOne Professional Services to collect, report and alert on additional Alcatel-Lucent performance metrics based on their monitoring needs
How does the Solution Work?
SevOne is an Alcatel-Lucent ConnectedPlus Partner with Certified Integration with the 5620 SAM