A company’s operations team lacked complete visibility of their infrastructure and was unaware of existing issues slowing network performance.
Removing Gaps in Visibility
By implementing IBM SevOne Network Performance Management (NPM), the network team was able to instantly identify and resolve two issues that had been impacting network performance, giving them the confidence to ensure more stringent SLAs in the future.
How SevOne NPM Helped
- Used integrated SNMP to NetFlow reporting to identify abnormally high utilization on an international link, caused by a weekend backup job that had never ended
- Detected high packet loss on an uplink to a critical core switch, allowing the team to increase capacity to that uplink
- Instituted alerts based on dynamic SNMP and IP SLA threshold violations, drastically decreasing Mean Time to Resolution (MTTR) with future incidents
- Improved visibility across the entire network, with the ability to drill into NetFlow records to assess traffic composition
- Proved SLA compliance to internal business units and external customers with real-time and historical views of metrics
- Allowed the business to compete in projects where strict SLA conditions were required
- Standardized multiple operations teams across the globe onto a single platform for monitoring network, sever, and Voice over IP (VoIP), decreasing administrative overhead