SEVONE STREAMING DATA COLLECTORS
Since the late 1980s when SNMP instrumented network devices were first available on the market, the model for producing and collecting network performance data has not changed much. Network equipment providers instrumented their devices enabling external management systems, like the SevOne Data Platform, to periodically poll devices for their latest management data, typically once every five minutes.
This model of polling for data every five minutes was adequate in the days of static networks. But in today’s world of virtualized and intent-based networks where accurate and timely performance data is critical for continuous operations, depending solely on a poll-based architectures limits can limit the scale and efficiency of networks as a whole.
To address these challenges, network equipment providers are beginning to support a new “push” type of model to provide performance data eliminating the need for management systems to poll these new devices. Now management systems can request specific network telemetry data be sent to them at specific internals - intervals as fast as every second.
Designed for Insight with Speed at Scale, the SevOne Data Platform and the new SevOne Streaming Data Collectors are ready to address this market challenge. Currently supporting Cisco NX-OS, Cisco IOS XR and Juniper JTI, SevOne Data Collectors are designed for the scalable collection of streaming telemetry data for further analysis and insight by the SevOne Data Platform.
KEY USE CASES
Networking Monitoring & Troubleshooting
- Visibility of both polled and streaming telemetry sources
- Automated insight into microbursts, often invisible to polling
- Enable real-time visibility of service-levels with one second granularity
Dynamic Capacity Planning
- Automated baselining and trending of all data by SevOne NMS Cluster
- Automated days to threshold analysis
New Service Planning
- More accurately plan new services with even more detailed performance data
Automated Infrastructure Provisioning
- Enable third party orchestration systems to have access to streaming telemetry data
PROFESSIONAL SERVICES, SUPPORT AND TRAINING
SevOne offers a complete set of services to help your organization make the most of your Streaming Data Collector investment, including:
- Implementation Services Ensure your SevOne Solution is successfully implemented to meet your requirements
- Post Implementation Services Engage with SevOne Professional Services for the life cycle of your project with a range of Business and Platform Optimization Services
- Custom Integration Integration with your existing tools and solutions based on customer specific requirements
- Gold and Platinum Maintenance A full suite of services from eSupport, Software Updates, 7x24 Technical Customer Assistance, 10-Day New Device and Log Certifications and more
- Customer Training Increase your team’s effectiveness and on-going success with customer training sessions led by SevOne experts