Integration with Alcatel-Lucent Service Aware Manager 5620
As carriers evolve their networks to support network function virtualization (NFV), it is critical they are able to monitor their networks whether they are on dedicated, high performance networks, virtualized cloud-based architectures, or a combination of both. Under the program, Alcatel-Lucent has certified interoperability of the SevOne Data Platform integration as a ConnectedPlus application for the Alcatel-Lucent 5620 Service Aware Manager (5620 SAM).
The Alcatel-Lucent 5620 Service Aware Manager is an integrated element/network management system that provides service-level visibility and assurance, simplified operations and advanced IP troubleshooting capabilities across all domains of the entire Alcatel-Lucent IP and IP-integrated optical network from access to metro to core, including the packet core, mobile backhaul and LTE Radio Access Network for wireless networks. The 5620 SAM provides a common interface to manage both virtualized and physical Alcatel-Lucent network functions.
Most carrier networks today are multi-vendor and have a diverse set of devices. SevOne provides the fastest, most flexible way to collect metrics from multiple, multi-vendor data sources – including network devices, servers, network probes, proprietary business applications, and element management systems from network equipment vendors for LTE, IMS, and Ethernet backhaul components – and present them in side-by-side dashboards.
Combining this multi-vendor support with the data now available from the 5620 SAM, carriers now can have dynamic real-time reporting, alerts and alarms and baselining of data, all from a single pane of glass across their entire multi-vendor, physical and virtual infrastructure.
- Obtain a real time view of key performance indicators of networks and services
- Meet customer specific reporting requirements
- Decrease mean time to repair with real-time dashboards and alerts of devices and services not performing optimally
- Leverage real-time dashboards and reporting to meet and exceed service level agreements to customers
- Plan the upgrade of infrastructure items with automatic baselining and capacity planning algorithms
SevOne provides instant reports on a number of metrics from the Alcatel-Lucent 5620 SAM,
including one way delay as shown above
SevOne and 5620 SAM Solution Overview
SevOne has designed a very flexible integration with Alcatel-Lucent 5620 SAM. Available through SevOne Professional Services, the SevOne PAS integration and certification with 5620 SAM is designed to support:
- Device Level Stats - includes CPU utilization, memory consumption, temperature, and media independent performance statistics
- Interface Statistics –includes bytes in, bytes out, errors, discards and utilization among others
- Y.1731 – measures Ethernet Backhaul response statistics such as one way and round trip frame delay, frame loss, max and min for inbound and for outbound frames
- Routing Protocol Level Statistics – BGP, OSPF, RIP and multicast metrics are provided
- IP Management Statistics – DHCP allocation metrics and usage are provided
- Additional Performance Metrics – customers can work directly with SevOne Professional Services to collect, report and alert on additional Alcatel-Lucent performance metrics based on their monitoring needs
How does the Solution Work?
SevOne is an Alcatel-Lucent ConnectedPlus Partner
with Certified Integration with the 5620 SAM